> On 6 Nov 2019, at 10:34, Philip Thrift <cloudver...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at 3:19:58 AM UTC-6, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>
>> On 5 Nov 2019, at 02:53, Alan Grayson <agrays...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> IIUC, as the temperature rises, interference in the double slit C60
>> experiment declines, and eventually disappears. I don't think this is really
>> a which-way experiment because the interference disappears whether or not
>> which-way is observed. How does this effect the collapse issue? Usually,
>> IIUC, when interference ceases to exist, it implies collapse of the wf. So,
>> is the C60 double slit experiment evidence for collapse of the wf? TIA, AG
>
> My two pre views posts explained exactly this, in the non-collapse frame. It
> works for particles, Molecules and even macroscopic cats. The advantage of
> the non-collapse quantum theory is that any interaction can be counted as a
> measurement. So heat cannot not decrease interference, for the technical
> factorisation reason already explained.
>
> Bruno
>

> They've sent 2000-atom sized molecules through double slits.
>
> What about sending cats?

You will loss the ability to get the interference, because it is hugely more
complex to isolate a cat from the environment, so its alive or dead state will
be pass on you unavoidably very quickly.  See my explanation to Grayson why any
(unknown) interaction of an object in a superposition state makes it logically
impossible to remain in a superposition relatively to you. It uses only very
elementary algebra. The quantum effect, to be exploited, require perfect
isolation, which is impossible for most macroscopic object. But some
“macro-superposition” have been obtained with superconducting device. In fact,
superconductor is a quantum macroscopic effect.

Bruno