On 11/29/2019 11:55 PM, Philip Thrift wrote:

On Friday, November 29, 2019 at 5:39:54 PM UTC-6, Brent wrote:

    On 11/29/2019 2:34 PM, Philip Thrift wrote:

    On Friday, November 29, 2019 at 4:11:04 PM UTC-6, John Clark wrote:

            /> Hue Price argues, we need to overcome our natural
            tendency to think about the past and the future
            differently. /

        Our natural tendency is to remember the past but not the
        future, so Price asks us to change the way we think in a
        rather profound way. I can't imagine how he expects us to do
        that.

        John K Clark

    As Price says, we do remember (or retrosee) the past and do not
    remember (or foresee) the future. That's the way we are (in this
    universe, or part of the universe). But does it have to be that way?

    Yes it does.  If we remember the future and learned the past then
    we'd just swap words.  If we remembered the both we'd never learn
    anything, we'd just exist.  If we didn't remember anything, either
    past of future, then we wouldn't exist.

    Brent

I don't thinks so.

All of Price's "models" involve stochasticity. They are not deterministic.

I don't see how that counters my point.

Brent

As in the case of the interrogators of *Ypiaria* in his book.

@philipthrift
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/a77abaf3-0bdc-493b-8984-047d4a06d6db%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/a77abaf3-0bdc-493b-8984-047d4a06d6db%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.