> On 10 Feb 2020, at 11:10, Philip Thrift <cloudver...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 12:20:17 PM UTC-6, Brent wrote:
>
> I think Bruno's hope is to recover the Schroedinger equation as a kind of
> stat-mech limit of his universal dovetailer threads.  This might comport with
> Zurek's idea of quantum Darwinism.
>
> Brent
>

> Bruno's 'dovetailer' seems more like Seth Lloyd's  'sum over computations':
>
> https://arxiv.org/pdf/quant-ph/0501135.pdf
>
> An appealing choice of quantum computation is one which consists of a
> coherent superposition of all possible quantum computations, as in the case
> of a quantum Turing machine whose input tape is in a uniform superposition of
> all possible programs. Such a ‘sum over computations’ encompasses both
> regular and random architectures within its superposition, and weighs
> computations according to the length of the program to which they correspond:
> algorithmically simple computations that arise from short programs have
> higher weight. The observational consequences of this and other candidate
> computations will be the subject of future work.

That seems very interesting, but Seth Lloyd still assumes the quantum
computation, and is fuzzy on the 1p/3p distinction, but I will take a (new?)
look at it. Looks very promising for getting Einstein equation from the
quantum, as with mechanism, we are already very close to justify the existence
of the quantum gates. Might say more on this later.

Bruno