On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 4:21 PM smitra <smi...@zonnet.nl> wrote:

> On 08-02-2020 05:19, Bruce Kellett wrote:
>
> > No, I am suggesting that Many-worlds is a failed theory, unable to
> > account for everyday experience. A stochastic single-world theory is
> > perfectly able to account for what we see.
> >
> > Bruce
>
> Stochastic single word theories make predictions that violate those of
> quantum mechanics.

No they don't. When have violations of the quantum predictions been
observed?

If the MWI (in the general sense of there existing a
> multiverse rather than any details of how to derive the Born rule) is
> not correct, then that's hard to reconcile with known experimental
> results.

All experimental results to date are consistent with a single-world theory.
There are several possibilities for such a theory, but to date, experiment
does not distinguish between them.

New physics that so far has never been observed needs to be
> assumed just to get rid of the Many Worlds. Also, this new physics
> should appear not at the as of yet unprobed high energies where the
> known laws of physics could plausibly break down, instead it would have
> to appear at the mesoscopic or macroscopic scale where the laws of
> physics are essentially fixed.

Bohm's theory does not require as-yet-unobserved new physics. GRW do
postulate a new physical interaction, but that is below the level of
current experimental detectability.

Besides, why should you assume that the Schrodinger equation is the
ultimate physical law?

Bruce