> On 21 Feb 2020, at 17:38, Philip Thrift <cloudver...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Friday, February 21, 2020 at 7:40:24 AM UTC-6, Alan Grayson wrote:
>
>  I prefer a possible middle ground; that the universe isn't really stochastic
>  (an inference from QM), but pseudo random. AG
>

> Typically, "a pseudorandom variable is a variable which is created by a
> deterministic algorithm, often a computer program or subroutine".
>
> So if actual randomness is removed from nature, and one supposes this is
> replaced by pseudorandomness in nature, then it would part of science to
> discover What is this algorithm?
>
> This would be a fool's errand if actual randomness is in the reality of
> nature.

… especially when you understand that randomness occurs everywhere in the
arithmetical reality, and even a lot of different sort of randomness emerge
from it, from the long term non predictability of determinist machines, and
from the existence of non deterministic machines, and the existence of quantum
computer executed in arithmetic, … to the first person indeterminacy which is
unavoidable from the machine personal views, etc.

Bruno