On Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 8:34:20 AM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> [...]
> the outcome, and this is then not predicable. The inability to predict the
> outcome of a particular measurement of a quantum system can then be
> expressed according to a Cantor diagonal argument. This then leads to a
> form of the incomputable nature of QM.
>

> The non computability related to I-reciting an outcome does not comes from
> Gödel or Turing, which shows limitations in the long run, or all theories
> about any universal machine or being.
>
> With mechanism, the non computability for an outcome comes from the first
> person indeterminacy, which is related partially to Gödel, even made clear
> by Penrose error and then correction, which is that Gödel’s theorem cannot
> be sued to show that we are not machine, but it can be used to show that no
> machine can know which machine she is, and still less which computations
> execute her, among an infinity of computations (which exists in the
> arithmetical reality).
>

> This then leads to the observation that measurements in QM require that if
> one is to measure a spin in the z direction this means any prior knowledge
> of spin in the x direction is to be lost. In general relativity there are
> also event horizons that restrict knowledge one can have of the quantum
> state of a black hole. Jacobson showed how spacetime can be viewed from
> statistical mechanics as composed of a distribution of states. An event
> horizon is also a surface of reduced dimension that has quantum
> information. Raamsdonk also illustrated how spacetime can be looked at as
> due to large N-entanglement. So the loss of knowledge of a quantum spin in
> one direction in a measurement along another is in a general setting much
> the same as the red shifting of information from n event horizon that
> restricts access to information.
>

> Intersting, and perhaps exploitable, for the mechanist mind body problem.
>

> This then suggests with the Cantor diagonalization that the relationship
> between stochasticity and its dual in determinism has an incomputable
> relationship between quantum and spacetime physics. For stochasticity a p =
> 1 in a convex set with a dual q = ∞ and 1/p + 1/q = 1 there is are associated
> L^2 systems for p = q = 2, or 1/p = 1/q = ½, which are relativity as a
> metric space and QM as a system of probabilities determined by the square
> of amplitudes.
>

> I am not sure of how to get this by the diagonal (in the style of Kleene,
> Cantor).  You might need to be more precise about your suggestion, at least
> for me. Keep also in mind that once we reduce the mind-body problem to the
> derivation of physics from arithmetic, we can no more assume anything in
> physics, nor even in analysis, or geometry. All those domain must be
> entirely justified from only, say,  Kxy = x and Sxyz = xz(yz), or by the
> laws ofd addition and multiplication on the natural numbers. In fact from
> any universal machinery, or from any universal machine “introspection”.

The core idea there is given by Szangolies in
https://arxiv.org/abs/1805.10668 , where the details are therein. The goal
is to derive the full CHSH theorem, which is a variant of

Bells’ theorem on how QM violates classical inequalities. There is a
polytope associated with CHSH, which I think bears a certain relationship
to Kirwan polytopes for entanglement measures and Hamming distance.

The CHSH polytope is based on the relationship

I_{chsh} = A_1×B_1 + A_1×B_2 + A_2×B_1 - A_2×B_2,

for Alice and Bob experiments with two outcomes. This curiously is a type
of metric that can be interpreted as pseudo-Euclidean. This is also a
measure of entropy, for it may be expressed according to conditional
probabilities. An arbitrary two-qubit state after Schmidt decomposition can
always be written as

|ψ_n⟩ = c_0|n_+, n_+⟩ + c_1|n_−, n_−⟩.

We choose the measurement settings in the following way

A_1 = m_1·σ, A_2 =  m_2·σ,
B_1 = (1/√2)(m_1·σ + m_2·σ), B_2 = (1/√2)(m_1·σ − m_2·σ).

Here n,  m_1 and  m_2 are the unit vectors perpendicular to each other. Now
find the expectation value of the CHSH operator in the state |ψ_n⟩. We get

⟨ψ_n|I_{chsh}|ψ_n⟩ = 2√2C.

The expectation of I then has this bound.

For measures along the x and z directions this polytope has 16 vertices.
The Kirwan polytope is a pure z, or x if one prefers, lattice. This lattice
is either a sublattice or an additional lattice in a 24-cell. The 24-cell
In fact I think it is both. The 24-cell is the root space for the F4
exceptional group that is a stabilizer with G2 in E8.

I am in communications with Szangolies with respect to these problems. This
appears to be a fascinating prospect, where Gödel’s theorem means there is
no dynamics or computational determinism for how quantum states becomes
classical or equivalently what a particular outcome is. Spacetime is a
classical system, and as composed of large N-entanglements it is something
that is emergent by entirely spontaneous means.

LC