> On 10 Mar 2020, at 01:52, Lawrence Crowell <goldenfieldquaterni...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> On Monday, March 9, 2020 at 6:42:41 AM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>
>> On 6 Mar 2020, at 12:40, Lawrence Crowell <goldenfield...@gmail.com
>> <javascript:>> wrote:
>>
>> Szangolies [ J. Szangolies, "Epistemic Horizons and the Foundations of
>> Quantum Mechanics," https://arxiv.org/abs/1805.10668
>> <https://arxiv.org/abs/1805.10668>  ] works a form of the Cantor
>> diagonalization for quantum measurements. As yet a full up form of the CHSH
>> or Bell inequality violation result is waiting. There are exciting
>> possibilities for connections between quantum mechanics, in particular the
>> subject of quantum decoherence and measurement, and Gödel’s theorem.
>
> The Digital Mechanist thesis enforces that physics is derivable from Gödel’s
> and Löbs’ theorem, and indeed we find quantum logic exactly were expected.
>
> All computations are executed/emulated, in the mathematical sense of the
> Logicians, in arithmetic. The physical appearances have to be justified by
> the calculus of the 1p (plural) indeterminacy in arithmetic.
>
> There is a natural, canonical “many-wold” interpretation of arithmetic,
> developed  by the “majority of universal numbers in arithmetic.
>

> I will have to write more if possible. I am not sure that all of physics is
> derived from Gödel’s theorem.

That might not be the case, but it has to be so when we assume the digital
mechanist hypothesis? Of course it is not a direct derivation from Gödel, but
from all nuances that incompleteness impose to the provability notion.
Incompleteness gives sense to the Theatetus-like variant of the rational
opinion/belief, namely:

TRUTH (p, God, the One, …)
BELIEF ([]p, provability, Incompleteness forbids to see this as a  knowledge)
KNOWLEDGE ([]p & p, true belief, the soul, the first person, the owner of
consciousness)

And the “two matters”:

INTELLIGIBLE MATTER ([]p & <>t) (with p restricted to sigma_1 propositions, the
partial computable one)
SENSIBLE MATTER ([]p & <>t & p) (idem)

The soul provides an intuitionist logic, the two matters and the soul provides
quantum logics when p is restricted on the partial computable (sigma_1)
propositions (the true and the false one, which makes things more complex).

See may papers for more on this. This needs some understanding of the existence
of all computations in the models of arithmetic).

> I see is as more that from classical to quantum mechanics there is a sort of
> forcing, to borrow from set theory, to extend a model with undecidable
> propositions. Where this undecidable matter enters in is with the problem of
> measurement and decoherence.

With mechanism, physics must become a study of the relative computational
histories statistics.

> As for an earlier comment, Turing's model is in a grey zone between
> mathematics often seen as pure and with physics. The tape and reader,
> appearing a bit like a sort of cart on a track, is a model of a physical
> system. That system is a computer.

A computer is universal implemented in the physical reality, but with
mechanism, the physical reality is what emerge statistically from the first
person points of view of the computer executed in the arithmetical reality (or
in any reality related to any universal machine). I use numbers only because
most people are familiar with them.

I sum up 40 years of work, in a taboo domain, and all this is build on not so
well known, or understood,  theorem in mathematical logic, so ask any question,
and maybe read also the papers.  The first thing to understand is the
incompatibility between (very weak form of) Digital Mechanism and (very weak
form of ) Materialism or Physicalism.

Bruno