> On 4 May 2020, at 13:44, Lawrence Crowell <goldenfieldquaterni...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Ghost fields are scalar fields that have Fermi-Dirac statistics. Popov
> introduced these as a way of introducing constraints to counter certain
> degrees of freedom in gauge theories, These are then really a way of
> countering four degrees of freedom of a gauge field, when there are only 2
> polarizations. There is the Villars ghost that has negative norm, which could
> be a way of managing the negative probabilities that crop up in quantum
> gravitation. These are then not so much physical fields that are measured,
> but rather techniques for managing gauge redundancies.
>
> Many worlds theories are not really theories, but interpretations.

Even 1-world theories are not really theories but interpretations. Alpha-world
theories are all “interpretation”, for alpha being any cardinal in set theory,
starting from zero (no world at all, like with mechanism) to large infinities.

The problem of interpretation can be handled in a theory of interpretations
(which exists at least when the theories are presentable in first order logic).

Bruno