> On 1 Jun 2020, at 19:31, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Speaking of large but finite numbers, I think sometimes we forget just how
> big some finite numbers can be:
>
> This article really stretched my brain/hurt my head:
> https://waitbutwhy.com/2014/11/1000000-grahams-number.html
> <https://waitbutwhy.com/2014/11/1000000-grahams-number.html> Numbers can be
> so big they become scary.

And I have explained how such graham numbers are infinitesimal, compared to
what logicians can do. I did this to illustrate the transendental power of
diagonalsiation, on this list, some years ago. I did this to better explain why
Gödel is right to call the CT thesis a “miracle”. It makes “all computations”
an explanatively close theory/realm, even close for the most transcendental
mathematical operation (diagonalisation). It tools a long time for me to
believe in CT, but I knew since long that if CT is true, physics cannot be the
fundamental science, and has to be reduced to arithmetic, or to any universal
machinery.
Arithmetic seen from inside is inconceivably bigger than the physical
observable universe, in fact it is bigger than the set-theoretical universe …
yes, it can be scary …

Bruno