Well, if the inquiry here concerns consciousness, then the question of whether
a human should trust the AI, or whether the AI has the capacity to be trusted
by a human, ought to be part of the inquiry, right? The movie listed others
elements: compassion, sympathy, etc. I guess I was just using my wife’s
off-the-cuff comment as a convenient way to suggest that Caleb might set the
wrong threshold in his Turing test; and as a result, he gave a pass to the AI
too easily, which later proved fatally wrong.

Sent from my iPhone