On Sat, Jun 26, 2021 at 7:43 AM Tomas Pales <litewav...@gmail.com> wrote:

> *> this world is more simple if its regularities (such as laws of physics)
> continue than if they are discontinued, and simple worlds are more likely
> (more frequent in the collection of all possible worlds) than more complex
> worlds. (A simpler property is instantiated in a greater number of possible
> worlds than a more complex property.)*

If everything in the universe was completely random then there would be no
laws of physics, so to describe the universe you'd not only have to
describe exactly what every single particle and photon in it was doing now
but what they would be doing in every instance in the future; in such a
world inductive logic would be of no help in figuring this out. I suppose
in that way the fundamental laws of physics can be thought of as data
compression algorithms, and since we know that induction is very useful in
figuring things out such laws must exist, but the question is, are any of
the laws of physics that we call fundamental really fundamental?
u2x