I would say that the Tuskegee experiment was indeed akin to Unit 731 & Dachau,
because it didn't care whether the sufferers live or died. On problem solving I
always deliberately race to technology as the first and foremost solution to
most problems. It is not always this way, but I'd bet that it often is the
best. Since we are both technologically inclined one of the issues we may be
facing soon is mass unemployment due to the old term, automation. Andrew Yang's
fix for this was guaranteed income. Rather than just print money which leads to
hyperinflation, we will need to, at least, drive down the costs of
manufacturing. The costs of manufacturing besides wages have been heat and
electricity mostly.
We could hugely expand solar and wind-a-sea, as the lowest cost method's of
generating electricity directly, or water splitting in the form of hydrogen,
combined with batteries and fuel cells respectively. Siemens has built a gas
turbine that burns only H2 rather than methane, additionally.
Last we need materials that are cheap to produce and process. Materials that
will substitute for plastics and leather. For this we now have algae,
mushrooms, and crop and forest harvesting. One can throw in hemp as well. I buy
plates made from palm leaves at Whole Earth. These are from India. The paper
plates they sell are from China (Xi-land) so I get the palm plates, I like the
feel, much sturdier.  I am more virtuous for doing this? Hell no. The same is
true about plastics from algae, and packing materials from shrooms.
Please note, that even rednecks like solar power and batteries, especially for
off the grid living. This is a marketing fact. Still, costs must come down to
become dominant.