On 10/1/2021 1:17 PM, spudboy100 via Everything List wrote:
You can blame Donny, but in truth the vax averse simply are fearful that they will die from heart inflammation or blood clots if they get the shots.

And why are they afraid of that in spite of the vaccine trials that produced no such data?  It's a consequence of the drumbeat of right-wing politicians going back at least to Reagan that you can't trust the government; they're out to screw you, to control you, to enslave you.  Sure The Dump didn't invent that, but unlike Reagan and other conservative politicans, he spread and encouraged conspiracy theories.

I would say that both Donny & Joe have done very poor work at clarifying the medical risks and rewards. Donny was never tight with his messaging and so left his statements were open to interpretation. Joe and company seem to want to intimidate the populace into submission, and by this appear to treat the vax as some kind of loyalty oath and obedience test. For public policy and popularity, when people start getting fired for not vaxing, this will not be a progressive-friendly environment to say the least.

What not progressive about firing people for endangering public health.  You can be quarantined for having TB.  If you're in the military or public school you've been required to be vaccinated for a long list of diseases for as long as I've been alive.

By evolution if you get the shots and we don't and we die off as a result, how does this affect you in a bad way? Less country folks to oppose your progressive policies, savvy? Cynical on my part indeed, yet, most of the politicians are attorneys so cynicism is baked in. Unavoidable even by the best of us.

Until you die off, you're a breeding ground for new variants which may circumvent existing vaccines and affect all the rest of us. THAT'S HOW.