From: John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>
To: spudboy...@aol.com
Cc: everything-list@googlegroups.com <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thu, Oct 21, 2021 9:14 am
Subject: Re: Atomic clocks

On Thu, Oct 21, 2021 at 2:50 AM <spudboy...@aol.com> wrote:

> More significantly is the analysis by a physicist not on time as a quantum
> feature of the cosmos, this estimate by a British mathematician. This study
> only focused on the readily detected luminous matter. This based on the
> Eddington-analysis of originally 10^80. I haven't read where the Math guy
> Vopson in any case used the more recent Beckenstein Bound of 10^123?

There are 6×10^80 Bits of Information in the Observable Universe
https://www.universetoday.com/153035/there-are-6x1080-bits-of-information-in-the-observable-universe/

Since entropy is increasing, is the information that comprises reality,
reducing? Is Dyson's big push simply a fade-out?

Interesting idea, thank you.
Of course it's all based on the assumption that the Bekenstein Bound actually
exists, and that is based on the assumption that space and time are not only
quantized (come in individual little chunks) but are quantized at one very
specific level, and that is based on the assumption that quantum mechanics as
we know it today is absolutely true which we know can't be the case because it
can say nothing about gravity and there is exactly zero experimental evidence
that spacetime is actually quantized.
Recently on the Extropolis List somebody asked if it was physically possible
for a universe to be better than this one, I said I didn't know but if there is
a best of all possible worlds it was one in which the Bekenstein Bound was not
the law of the land and thus an infinite number of calculations can be made in
a finite amount of time by a computer of finite size.

 John K Clark    See what's on my new list at  Extropolisbex