The states of Colorado in Maine want to remove Trump from the presidential
ballot because of Section 3 of the 14th amendment which  says:

"*No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of
President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under
the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an
oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as
a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer
of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have
engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or
comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may, by a vote of two-thirds
of each House, remove such disability.*"

The case now goes to the Supreme Court, I know that Trump supporters want
the court to keep Trump on the ballot, but* if it's OK to just ignore the
14th amendment, why isn't it also OK to just ignore the second amendment
and confiscate all your guns?* But the court has never been very good at
self consistency, and given the makeup of the court at this time I would be
astonished if it didn't rule in Trump's favor; hell the wife of Justice
Clarence Thomas was part of the mob that attacked the capital on January 6 as
they were in the middle of counting the electoral votes to determine the
next president. That is a clear-cut conflict of interest so if Thomas had
any ethics he'd recuse himself from voting on this question, but I don't
think there's a snowball's chance in hell of him behaving ethically.

7tt