On Mi, 2008-03-05 at 10:59 +0100, Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado wrote:
> Since Evolution uses gettext to get the appropriate format strings for
> "strftime", no matter what you say on your LC_TIME, you only get the
> date and time information properly formatted for your language if you
> set LANG (or LANGUAGE).

I noticed that too and it keeps annoying me at regular intervals, but
never enough to investigate - thanks for the nice explanation!

> I don't think I'm the only one out there that needs a fine grained
> locale,

You are not, I do the same with German data settings while text is in
English.

> I'm not sure about which solution is best, and probably the "%x"
> solution is easier and will do the right job. If that's the case, I can
> try to change the sources so strftime uses "%x" and not hardcoded
> combinations of "%d" and "%m".

I cannot comment on the best technical approach, but I would love to see
some solution implemented.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly