On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 11:58 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> I finally finished converting Camel's error handling code to GError.
> CamelException is no more.  I plan to push this later today after a bit
> more testing.  It will debut in 2.31.5 along with another libcamel
> soname increment.

I note that in some places you've elected not to propagate the error
pointer. For example in imapx_parse_status_info():

-imapx_parse_status_info (struct _CamelIMAPXStream *is, CamelException *ex)
+imapx_parse_status_info (struct _CamelIMAPXStream *is, GError **error)
-                               sinfo->messages = camel_imapx_stream_number
(is, ex);
+                               sinfo->messages = camel_imapx_stream_number
(is, NULL);
... etc.

Why is that? Don't we need to ensure that these subfunction calls return
errors properly? Previously, if they failed to parse the element they're
supposed to parse (a number in this case), they'd set the exception
which would eventually get noticed (although I would have thought the
old code _should_ have included !camel_exception_is_set() in the loop
conditions, as other loops did). But now, it just gets lost.

david.woodho...@intel.com                              Intel Corporation