On Do, 2011-06-09 at 12:25 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 17:11 +0200, Milan Crha wrote: 
> > I hope not, I'm currently working on evo bits to be buildable with
> > done, but I'm postponing it till I have evo and the standard rest done
> > as well). Having one API deprecated and second "unstable" doesn't sound
> > good to me, same as there doesn't seem to be many things to change
> > anyway. We can always increase .so name version, that's just for it,
> > isn't it?
> Anything in the EClient API dealing with ESourceList, URI strings, or
> default sources will be removed when the account-mgmt branch is merged,
> and there's a fair chance now that may not happen until 3.3.  So the API
> is unstable whether we claim it to be or not.

My two cents as a user of these APIs: having to deal with a major API
change once is acceptable. Whether it is in 3.2 or 3.4 I don't really

But having to rewrite code both for 3.2 *and* 3.4 goes a bit too far. So
if the account handling doesn't land in 3.2, then please let's keep the
current (EDS 3.0) APIs officially supported in 3.2.

Bye, Patrick Ohly

evolution-hackers mailing list
To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ...

Reply via email to