so, in the current CVS tree, there appears a stub in
mail/folder-browser.c (folder_browser_set_message_preview).

I came across this while looking for a starting point to adding a toggle
option into the View pull-down to eliminate the mail_display pane from
the standard folder browser (e.g. to get a full screen of index, and
have to open messages...  a.k.a. "look, now you don't have to fetch
every article from the news server twice!").

After finishing this whole bit up, and getting the code working, it
suddenly occured to me that what I conceived of as a message preview
pane, could easily have meant something else to whoever left the stub
there, so --

what was this stub intended for, and should I prepare a sed job to
rename this code before submitting the patch?

-- Sam