On Wed, 2018-07-11 at 12:36 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

> > I tried the Evo that comes with Linux Mint 19 and yes it's much
> > better,
> > no connection issues after resume but I had a weird problem with my
> > Gmail account. Evo kept insisting I use OAuth2 and I couldn't get
> > it to
> > stay set to Password, each time I clicked OK, it reverted to
> > OAuth2.
> Why did you not want it to use OAuth2? It works perfectly fine with
> Evolution and is Google's preferred method - in fact I would say
> that Evo is "correct" to insist that you use OAuth2, it is what you
> should be doing.

I'd never heard of OAuth2 before and all it didn't was throw an error -
can't remember exactly what it said but I was in a rush and one of the
options in the authentication was password, so surely it should have
worked??

> > Even stranger was when I switched back to LM 18.3 (due to other
> > unrelated issues) my Gmail account still failed to authenticate
> > even
> > though it was set to Password. Had to delete the account and re-
> > make
> > it.
> >
> That's probably because the authorisation token got revoked.
>
> Are you using the same home filesystem for both versions?  (If so,
> things are going to get problematic - the Evolution configuration
> store
> would have been upgraded to the 3.28 version and it isn't backward
> compatible.)

Yeah that makes sense. I have Evo 3.28 in a flatpack now but I haven't
configured the accounts yet. I was going to export a backup from my old
version but it was taking too long so I thought I would see if I could
get it to use the same folders directories but haven't done that yet.