On Thu, 2020-04-23 at 16:43 +0800, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
wrote:
> > You would be much better updating your system to the latest version of
> > your distro. Compiling Evolution is non-trivial. Alternatively, you can
> > look for a Flatpak version, but be aware that Flatpak versions work in
> > a sandbox that's largely isolated from the rest of your desktop.
> >

> If I upgrade my linux distro from Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS Desktop to Ubuntu
> 20.04 LTS Desktop, will it break my Linux KVM/QEMU configuration,
> Windows 10 virtual machine with GPU Passthrough and other things?

That has nothing to do with Evolution. You should ask on an Ubuntu
list. However as a Fedora user (not Ubuntu) I also have KVM/QEMU with
GPU passthrough and Win10, and I do this all the time with no ill
effects.

> Isn't compiling Evolution as simple as configure, make and make install?

No. Evolution is an integral part of Gnome, so it's quite a bit more
complicated than that.

poc

  • [Evolution] Extreme dif... Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming via evolution-list
    • Re: [Evolution] Ex... Andre Klapper
      • Re: [Evolution... Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming via evolution-list
        • Re: [Evolu... Milan Crha via evolution-list
          • Re: [E... Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming via evolution-list
            • R... Patrick O'Callaghan
              • ... Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming via evolution-list
                • ... Andre Klapper
                • ... Patrick O'Callaghan
                • ... Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming via evolution-list
          • Re: [E... Ángel González
            • R... Milan Crha via evolution-list
            • R... Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming via evolution-list