On 10 Apr 2001 22:13:45 -0400, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> On 07 Apr 2001 10:54:57 +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> > I just measured it: 12 seconds !
> > And I think sometimes it's slower.
> > I have a PII 300MHz, but when waiting for this dialog processor and disk
> > are idle.
> > RedHat 6.2, Ximian Gnome 1.4Beta, latest Evo snapshot (all by RedCarpet)
>
>   Wow.  Can you please try running all the components into GDB and see
> where they are blocking?
>
>   I am using 2.2.18 here and I am not experiencing this slowness.

So, upon further investigation, adding

    unsetenv ("SESSION_MANAGER");

to cvs/gnome/oaf/oafd/main.c fixes the problem. Huzzah.

[Hm, I sent my explanation for why this works from my @newton.cx address
again, so it might not arrive on the mailing list.]

--
Peter Williams     [EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Why should I have to change my name? He's the one who
sucks!"                              -- Michael Bolton