I don't think this list is hostile, you just have to phrase your question
correctly and very short as they rarely get read past the first 10 words.
So if you start by asking the question (in less than 10 words) then explain
in detail later it helps the answers focus on the actual issue instead of
getting goofy answers that don't apply to the question.

...But it helps to have a lead lined kevlar fire-proof suit of vanquishing
magic.

Nathan