yes a little but I thought the Dumpster is what restores mail that was
deleted by a user or maybe I read it wrong.

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Ely [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 11:04 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Opinion on Backups

Rich,

Deleted Items Retention has nothing to do with limits on PF's or Mailboxes.
Deleted Items Retention gives you and your users the ability to recover a
piece of mail they deleted without having to do any kind of restore.

The only scenario I can see where a mailbox would need to be restored is for
some legal issue or something.  In the event that you actually needed to
restore a mailbox, that would be a great time to test your disaster recovery
procedures.

The other night I was called to a client site to do some disaster recovery
only to find out their backups were useless.  That was the wrong time to
discover that.

That is why BLB's are useless to me and many others around the world.  They
are a waste of tape and resources, not to mention the strain put on the
tapes and the tape drives themselves.

Does that explain enough for you?