-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Tony Hlabse
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2001 9:14 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Demoting a E2K/2K server to standalone

When I first deployed E2K on a single 2000 server for a customer, I told

them that this is not the best way but they had no budget for any
additional
servers. Since then they decided to have OWA as their primary client and

install Verisn SSL all on the same box which also obviously is running
as a
DC. There about 1000 + users and 3/4 will be using OWA. Current server
HP
LPRII with PIII 1ghz, 512MB and a 18GB Raid 5. I am worried about
performance. Talked them into purchasing at least one another box to off

load services. My intention was to make the new server a DC controller
and
demote the current E2K to a member server. Also move OWA and SSL on to
the
other box. If so then I would need Enterprise version to enable
Front/Back
end then?   Also they may throw in another 512MB and another processor
the original server. Any comments appreciated.