You could possibly use Ecora... but I think that it may just search by org.
What about a network scan?  Look for exchange associated ports.
-K.Borndale
Network Administrator
Sybari Software
631.630.8569 -direct dial
631.439.0689 -fax
http://www.sybari.com
"One man's ceiling is another man's floor"

|--------+----------------------------------->
|        |          Ron Grant                |
|        |          <RonGrant@RepublicBeverag|
|        |          e.com>                   |
|        |          Sent by:                 |
|        |          bounce-exchange-148870@ls|
|        |          .swynk.com               |
|        |                                   |
|        |                                   |
|        |          01/02/2002 11:15 AM      |
|        |          Please respond to        |
|        |          "Exchange Discussions"   |
|        |                                   |
|--------+----------------------------------->

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |      To:     "Exchange Discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                    |
  |      cc:
                                                    |
  |      Subject:     detecting an Exchange server on the Network
                                                    |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Is there a way to find out if there is an exchange Server on a network
without knowing its name or IP? I have someone who wants to see if a
user/admin at another location is setting up email without his knowledge. I
was thinking maybe use RPC-ping, but having never used it, I'm not sure if
that would work or not, since he doesn't know ip address or name.
Anyone have a good way? Network sniffer, scanning for SMTP traffic? This
might work..but I think he wants to catch the server before it gets to that
stage.
Thanks!
Ron