I realize there are no stupid questions but only stupid people who ask
questions so I'll throw my hat into the stupid ring as this is probably very
simple...

I finally got my boss to buy a DLT drive exclusively for each of my Exchange
2000 servers.  From all I've read here and elsewhere I decided to use
NTBackup rather than ARCServe on my servers.  I cannot, however, find a way
to setup the backups correctly.  I aim to do a nightly full backup at 11pm
with differentials every two hours from 6am until 8pm when the tape would be
replaced for that night's backup.  I see in the backup wizard how to set the
daily backup as a "normal" and how to schedule a second "differential"
backup for only the information store at my selected times.  However, the
option to "append" rather than overwrite the media is grayed out on the
differential.  If this differential is going to overwrite the full backup
then a single tape source for backup isn't feasible.  I'm sure it is but I'm
just missing something so anything you can offer would be appreciated.

David S. Michel
MCSE/CNE
Systems Engineer
Ruden McClosky Smith Schuster & Russell, P.A.
200 East Broward Boulevard
Suite 1600
Fort Lauderdale, FL  33301
954-527-2456  Direct Phone
954-333-4056  Direct Fax
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachment to this e-mail message
contains confidential information that may be legally privileged. If you are
not the intended recipient, you must not review, retransmit, convert to hard
copy, copy, use or disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to it. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by return
e-mail or by telephone at 954-764-6660 and delete this message. Please note
that if this e-mail message contains a forwarded message or is a reply to a
prior message, some or all of the contents of this message or any
attachments may not have been produced by Ruden, McClosky, Smith, Schuster,
& Russell, P.A.