You've never heard of database logging have you?  In the event of a restore,
when the IS is restored and the transaction logs are replayed, you have lost
nothing.  You can restore right up to the point of failure.  Therefore your
use of Differentials is unwarranted....

From: Michel, David [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 9:27 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Win2k backup and Exchange

I have read it and I want to reiterate that I do plan on doing a nightly
full backup. However, since the Exchange server has it's own tape backup
system, I would also like to do differentials in addition to the full.
Therefore, should a complete crash happen I'm backed up to within an hour or
so of crash time rather than the previous night.