We have a 30 day retention level and yes is it after the IS Maintenance.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 11:49 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Re: The Deleted Items folder

What about deletec item retention on the server?  And is this after the
IS
maintenance has run at night?
-K.Borndale
Network Administrator
Sybari Software
631.630.8569 -direct dial
631.439.0689 -fax
http://www.sybari.com
"One man's ceiling is another man's floor"

|--------+----------------------------------->
|        |          "Vinny Avallone"         |
|        |          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |
|        |          Sent by:                 |
|        |          bounce-exchange-148870@ls|
|        |          .swynk.com               |
|        |                                   |
|        |                                   |
|        |          01/07/2002 11:11 AM      |
|        |          Please respond to        |
|        |          "Exchange Discussions"   |
|        |                                   |
|--------+----------------------------------->

------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |      To:     "Exchange Discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
|
  |      cc:
|
  |      Subject:     The Deleted Items folder

------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hello Everyone,
I have a user using Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2000.
He is at his mailbox limit size (100M).  HE had about 12M worth of
deleted items.  So he "Emptied Deleted Items", but if I view the Folder
Size it still says it is about 12M.  No matter what I do it stays at
12M.  If I deleted mail, the Deleted Items size increases, but whenever
"Empty Deleted Items", it doesn't go to "0", it stays at 12M.
It is a laptop using the Offline Stores.

Thanks for any advice.

--
Vincent Avallone
iBiquity Digital