From: Jesse Rink [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 7:50
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: email messages slow to open?

Anyone know where I should begin looking to determine whether I am
experiencing the beginnings of a problem or whether this is just normal?

Lately I've noticed that when I open email messages in Outlook XP they
take longer to open.  Especially the big messages (from listservs and
such).  May take like 2 minutes to open the email and task manager on my
system (Windows NT) shows outlook.exe taking up 99% cpu time.  These
messages do not have attachments, I'm just talking about regular messages.

I have an Exchange 5.5/SP4 box.  I haven't noticed anything on the
Exchange servers performance reports that show a sudden increase in
CPU/memory/HD activity.  This just sorta happened about 2 weeks ago.  NO
changes have been made on the server in quite some time.

Any idea what this might be?

This message is private or privileged.  If you are not the
person for whom this message is intended, please delete it
and notify me immediately, and please do not copy or send
this message to anyone else.