Compaq Computer Corporation

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of wade robinson
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 8:20 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: win.dat attachments

I have an Exchange 2000 server that includes several separate customers
attaching via Outlook 2002. One customer (several different users) is
having an issue sending attachments to some external recipients.  The
attachments (word, excel) will be received and displayed as win.dat.
This does not happen to all external recipients. We have been able to
recreate this issue sending attachments to a hot mail account, however
sometimes the attachment arrives in tact to the hot mail account sent
from the same client. We have turned off word as an editor and
configured Outlook to send in Exchange RTF and HTML with the same
results. Even using OWA produce the win.dat attachment on the external
account.  I have to believe it is a client setting as none of the other
customers riding the same infrastructure have had this problem. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.