The only thing that I would add is that you do not even have to set your
view to only UNREAD. I have mine set to BY CONVERSATION and then I can
follow by "Thread". Either way by moving it to your Outlook bar, as Lori
stated, you will get a number of messages that you personally have not read.
It does not decrement to PF for everyone else.

Second, for lists such as this one that have a HIGH volume, I set the PF to
age out at 30 days. Through use of a Folder Assistant rule I also have all
messages go to a PF underneath of it called Archives which I will keep for
whatever amount of time you wish. Server space will dictate what that time
limit will be. This allows searches for current discussions to complete
fairly fast. If you need to do a more extensive search then you would do it
on the Archive folder.

Finally, by having your users only subscribed to post and not receive mail,
you should avoid Out of Office messages being sent out in case your are
forced to allow OOO to the Internet.

Ken Powell
Systems Administrator
Clark County Office of Budget and Information Services (OBIS)
Vancouver, Washington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice: (360) 397-6121 x4658