Can anyone tell me if any of the AV software(s) used by any of you for
Exchange
have the ability to selectively allow attachments in the system

In other words I want internal people to be able to send  LNK's(links) for
things for the internal network. BUT I do not want any incoming e-mail via
IMS w/attachments with say LNK to make it in.

Ex. Ive got GS451 on Exch55sp4 and it's set to block all LNK attachments.
Unfortunately it blocks them internally also; and it's a bit of a pain when
I want to e-mail a new Link to my users. NAI as no way to mod GS451 to allow
selective internal/external blocking type stuff. Looks like GS451 goes into
the IS and not say just interacting with the IMS.

any ideas would be appreciated

FYI: Exch55sp4 on NT4sp6a

Hey..You in the back row.... stop laughing at the GS451...it finally works
"normally" after 6 call's to tech support ;-)

thx
bill