Set her authentication type to "None" instead of "Password".

-----Original Message-----
From: Niki Blowfield : Exchange [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 17:06
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Securing Outlook

Dear All,

We have a reception computer that is logged on under the receptionists name
24/7

This is because it runs Zetafax, which in standard form, needs to have a
single person nominated for receiving all our faxes. This receptionist works
until 3:00pm at which time the PC is left switched on and logged on under
her name so that others can distribute faxes.

The issue has arisen of securing her email, which when logged on under her
username, can just be viewed by opening Exchange.

I don't want her to have to log off and back on under another user name to
access her email, it needs to be available from her logon. I also want to
stay away from configuring Outlook in internet mode and having messages
delivered to a PST.

I have played around with the settings, but as far as I can see, you cant
set a password on a profile, only on a data file such as a PST.

Outlook XP on Win2k with Exchange 5.5

Thanks for any advice

Nik