-----Original Message-----
From: Mellott, Bill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Posted At: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 3:28 PM
Posted To: dsm_lists
Conversation: Exchange 2000 Fax connectors/solutions comparison
Subject: RE: Exchange 2000 Fax connectors/solutions comparison

I found I had to do my own research.
And as with all products each has their own Pro's/Con's

I found it depends on your company/environment/size..., What needs to
also
integrate with it (i.e. a unix system maybe-smtp?), What type of
documents
and "stuff" may come from the "other" systems using it. User -
usability/interface i.e. I think the simpler the better for users...etc.

Then contact all the Fax vendors you think are worth while, get a NFR
run
it, run it again, break it, call their tech support... Find out ALL the
little details they didn't tell you and then ones which are different in
production environment....

Get the pricing right cause each one does it a different way it seems.
Them maybe buy it...then you'll find the things you missed.

I ended up with Faxination. the licensing fit my environment over right
fax,
thus cost was right.
Both allowed me SMTP from my unix box. Where GFI did not in one product.

Do your research well, it will pay off...

bill