Anything in your server's event log?  Or the clients event log?  Does it do
the same thing with the exchange client?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Butler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 8:20 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: Outlook appointments on Exchange

We're having a severe problem with a few mailboxes on our Exchange 5.5
server, even though we maintain a rigorous maintenance schedule on our
stores.  A few users (all running Outlook 2000 SR-1) can no longer respond
to any appointment invitations -- doing so causes outlook.exe to fail with a
Dr. Watson access violation error.  Running /cleanfreebusy does not cause
Outlook to hang (as happens when some calendar corruption occurs), but it
doesn't solve the problem, either.  This problem follows the user to other
workstations as well -- it's definitely tied to the mailbox, not the client.
Exmerge can successfully pull down the contents of the mailbox, but I'd
rather not use that to recreate the mailbox because it will break all the
existing appointment links.  TechNet and newsgroup scans have provided zero
solutions ... any ideas, anyone?

Thanks,
Jon