There is an updated version as of July 2002.  I don't have the link to hand
but I was able to download it from the MS site as part of a set of E2K
Whitepapers.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hutchins, Mike [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 16 December 2002 13:34
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: E2K front-end and back-end in different domains?

I would really have to guess this is a misprint based on the other
destructions in the FE/BE topo documentation. Such as, having to add virtual
servers for different SMTP domains, etc. This is our setup, and it works
fine. We have the FE in a child domain, and E2K servers in every other child
domain. Nothing is in the root.