From: Varghese, Wilson
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 9:08 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: New accounts not showing up in GAL

Hehe..

Why am I scared all of a sudden?

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Eytcheson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 7:16 PM
To: Exchange Discussions

I just changed the primary SMTP email address of one of my users, waited
until it showed up as changed in ADUC and then ran the Recipient Update
Service "rebuild".

The address I changed was not affected, was not changed to a secondary
and a new "default" address was not created for them.  I cannot speak to
what may happen in your environment, but in mine, running the rebuild
option didn't screw anything up.

Note:  I did not try changing a public folders' address, but I doubt it
would be any different from a user object.  I'd say back that baby up
and give it a try :-)

Greg