The more substantial risk IMHO is in Human Engineering exploits of your
business. I've certainly gotten more than enough information in OOA

Snopes underestimates the difficulty of matching names to addresses,
especially when working with known domains. (e.g. Dell in Austin or
government workers for the City of Detroit)

Still, though unlikely to occur we generally don't change our home answering
machines to reflect that we are going to be out of town either.

On 3/5/03 11:37, "Allison M. Wittstock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ed, since you use this example often, can you provide me with some real
world
> examples of someone being burglarized because their OOO message told the
> world they were away?  I think I am more likely to be burglarized by a
> neighbour that notices I am gone, or someone that sees my postbox has been
> emptied in days, or someone overhearing me order plane/train tickets, etc.
>
> This issue has also been discussed on the urban legend debunking site,
Snopes.