First of all, thank you for your input. I think that I am getting what I
need taken care of for now. I will agree that sub-optimal is not the way
to go but for the time being it is a satisfactory workaround. More than
half of the legacy systems will not support any kind of authentication to
my mail server. What we are deploying now will. The main problem I am
facing is that this is to be done and now. My boss does not accept that
since it works in 5.5 that it will not work in 2000. Again I am just
looking at this as a workaround until we get our other system completed. I
have never faced as much frustration as I have here. They have deployed
systems that are to run 24/7 and collect data/ monitor interfaces and
these systems are running windows 95. *ugh* I just want to scream
sometimes.
Again thanks for the information. I completely understand whar you are
saying that its stupid to do it half-assed. But for now, I do not have
much of a choice.