From: Christopher Hummert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 02 June 2003 16:50
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Backing up the M Drive

>From previous list messages:

"There is no M: Drive"

The M: drive is not a physical drive. It's not on a partition exactly.
It's a virtual drive created by Exchange.

Pretend it doesn't exist. you don't need it.

5.2 Q: Can I back up the M: drive using NT Backup or another backup
application?

A: You can, but you will be sad. Do NOT back up the M: drive of an
Exchange 2000 server.  It can result in messages and attachments being
inaccessible via the Outlook client.