When I first started using that feature, the wildcard syntax is the way I
expected it to work at first as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Seielstad [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 10:01 AM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Message Filtering

I guess I look at it from the Unix side of things[1], in which blocking
@domain.com doesn't block anything but @domain.com - @mail.domain.com would
still work.

In order to subdomain block, it's a simple matter of adding a wildcard -
@*.domain.com

That's the way Sendmail, smtpd and postfix all seem to work, from what I've
seen.

Roger D. Seielstad - MTS MCSE MS-MVP
Sr. Systems Administrator
Inovis Inc.

[1] I'm predominantly an MS admin, but we use Unix stuff for most mail
relays outside of Exchange