Hmm, well the luckily, but maybe in the long run not so luckily, the
policy currently employed here is most people have PST's.  Now don't
taunt me on that, I have submitted multiple justification proposals to
have more hard disks, veritas with SIS, everyone on mailboxes with 7 day
rollback enabled and Outlook 2003 with cache folders, especially for the
64k sites.

Currently the policy is we have arcserve with Brick Level Backup and
most people keep there data in PST files.  I have used this problem that
occurred at the weekend once again to push for Veritas at the very
least.  Again I re-itterate, this is not by my choice, I am seeing to
get it all changed.

Anyway, I don't know what caused the corruption, I blaimed it on
Arcserve ;p

When I got in late, my car wouldn't start I was late (coincidence!),
others had already began work to fix the databases that wouldn't come
online, they deleted the e00.log file for some strange reason (even out
of the recycle bin :o) I then came in and did my best to get the server
back online, I have managed to with minimal loss of data.

Unfortunately, I'm the best they have here, and I'm not brilliant
myself, but I am making do best with the resources available to me
(anyone got any spare HDD's? ;p)

Anyway, you didn't even ask me none of that, but thought id put everyone
in the picture!  But as for the recovery server idea, I guess it would
be a good idea for me to get a spare server to use as test recovery huh?
But anyway the tape backup jobs only run on weekdays, the server messed
up sometime at the weekend, so it is only the weekends emails that are
lost, but they obviously weren't backed up!