I can give you my 2 cents.  We migrated a few thousand users a couple of years
ago.

1.        You will probably need more internet bandwidth.  This will really
depend on a few things,  how heavily used is your internet connection
currently, number of users, and how many file attachments users are going to be
opening daily (and of course the bigger the size limit the more bandwidth they
will consume)

2.       Be prepared for some users to not work, and others to work.  Since
your mailboxes get spread out across servers it is possible for 1 or more users
to have issues while other work fine.  This was always annoying as the outages
at MS always seemed to find my C-Level execs mailboxes, very rarely just a
regular end user

3.       Backups in general.  I had several issues were a users mailbox became
corrupt and after several days of dealing with premier support the
determination was made the mailbox and it lagged copies were corrupt and the
only option was to delete the mailbox and recreate it (not an option when it is
an execs mailbox).  So make sure you have someway to back up your mailboxes.

4.       I have been away from the day to day management of o365 for a little
under a year, but Regular support when I left was HORRIBLE.  And while Premier
support was not much better, it is something to keep in mind when making the
decision.

5.       While #1 will have some to do with this,  your users need to remember
their mailboxes are in the cloud.  As a result, that nice speedy 100/Full, or
GiG/Full connection they had to your local network which allowed them to open
file attachments quickly, has been reduced significantly by the your internet
connection and distance to o365.  So file attachment that would take 1 or 2
seconds to open, probably now result in outlook displaying the good old,
outlook not responding as it opens/saves the attachment.