On Sun, Jun 07, 2015 at 05:04:12PM +0200, Wulf C. Krueger wrote:
> I'd like to suggest installing systemd units unconditionally. At the
> moment, the "systemd" option is mostly used to install them.
>
> Sometimes, though, e. g. in PHP, it means something completely
> different. In other cases, it's used to break cyclic dependencies and
> in yet other cases, it's actually used to disable systemd integration.
>
> It's a mess.

I can't say I care much if the conf files get installed unconditionally, with a
different option or as a part. Certainly an option name should not be used to
mean three or even two completely different things.

The problem with making it a part, is that they are actually configuration
parts. So you then get two different parts that fall in the same category.
Possibly more in the future. So if we stick with the parts categorisation
between data, configuration, libraries, development etc., and we also want to do
this kind of thing, that may call for a hierarchy between parts or something..

That gets complicated quickly. :)

Regards,
Bo Ørsted Andresen