On 2017-08-06 14:39, Jeremy Harris wrote:

> I'd like to start using designated-initialisers, which is a C99
> feature.  We've avoided such things up until now, to keep backward
> compatability.  Does anyone want to take a stance, pro or con?

I am like, totally pro :-)

> Any other compiler features you'd like to see used?

Not really a compiler feature, but how about making lookups (and maybe
other plugin like features) into real .so objects, to be loaded with
dlopen() and linked with dlsym()?

When I started (and stopped) adding a new lookup earlier this year, I
quickly realized it would be more work than I expected, with changes
needed in multiple places in the code and the build system.