On 2018-05-26, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users <exim-users@exim.org> wrote:
> On 26/05/18 15:05, Luca Bertoncello via Exim-users wrote:
>> Well, this "info@"-address is a forward to many recipients, not just one...
>
> Oh, a mail-exploder.  OK, no cutthrough routing possible.  This is
> effectively a mailinglist, and you need to put real effort into
> curating it.  Things like: on the slightest evidence of dodgyness
> - including, but not limited to, bad rDNS, bad HELO, bad dnsbl,
> bad sender-verify-callout, perhaps even unwhitelisted-senders -
> divert to a quarantine queue for manual vetting.
>
> And consider just rejecting on those grounds, too.
>

> Or, as Lena suggests, for Google use a POP-sucker rather than
> SMTP forwarding.  But that means telling Google some credentials
> for your box, and providing POP access (I strongly suggest you
> create a/some dedicated account(s) for that, with the credentials not
> used for any other purpose).  We are, of course, assuming you
> have control of the Google account(s) concerned.

If you do that, (and it will work well) be sure that the mailbox is
cleared regularly. at work we got hit by hundereds of dollars of
excess data chargers on one of our servers due to international
pop data going to google, we had to put an ip firewall in.
(alternatively host the pop3 somewhere that has cheap data charges)

--
     ت

  • [exim] Avoidi... Luca Bertoncello via Exim-users
    • Re: [exi... Jeremy Harris via Exim-users
      • Re: ... Luca Bertoncello via Exim-users
        • ... Jeremy Harris via Exim-users
          • ... Jasen Betts via Exim-users
    • Re: [exi... Lena--- via Exim-users
    • Re: [exi... Always Learning via Exim-users
      • Re: ... Sebastian Nielsen via Exim-users
      • Re: ... Luca Bertoncello via Exim-users
        • ... Niels Dettenbach (Syndicat IT & Internet) via Exim-users
    • Re: [exi... Klaus Maria Pfeiffer via Exim-users