>> Only if I follow the hint "Invoke menu with right button." I will
>> get a menu:
>>
>>      Decode part as MIME
>>      Save a multipart/alternative...
>>      Print a multipart/alternative as text...
>>      Show alternative 1: text/plain
>>      Show alternative 2: multipart/mixed
>>
>> Selecting alternative 2 will then show all parts, in the example
>> here:
>
>That's actually standards-compliant. If the attachments are part of
>the multipart/mixed, they should not be displayed if the MUA is displaying
>the text/plain.

Well, I agree it is "standards compliant", in that it's a validly-formatted
MIME message, but is it RIGHT?  I am not sure.

My understanding is that the alternative parts are supposed to be different
versions of the same thing.  So text/plain vs text/html, fine, that makes
sense.  But is text/plain vs 'text/html plus a few extra files with a
disposition of "attachment"' the RIGHT idea?  I would argue that it is not,
that the multipart/alternative should just encapsulate the text/plain and
the text/html.

--Ken