I used the Mandrake 2.2.16 upgrade for my system. There was a hicup with
the install and I had to fix lilo.conf to reflect the kernel...old and new.
Well, I thought I was running 2.2.14secure in the past and 2.2.16secure
now. Wrong! My system is not setup for the secure kernel (??) and when I
added both 2.2.14secure and 2.2.16secure in lilo, I got a kernel panic
during reboot, saying there was a system/kernel mismatch. So, now I can not
start Linux at all.

I have been able to boot using an old Caldera install/boot disk (dummy me
didnot make a proper boot disk). I can access and mount my HDD, however I
can not edit lilo and solve this problem since I can not access any
editors; ed or vi.

Any idead?

TIA

Bruce