On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 01:33:24PM -0600, Christopher Kolar wrote:
> I have been happily running mdk 7.1, but want to get my Win98 pc up and
> running.  Problem is that I have no desk space.  I have a KVM switch and
> need to know if there are any issues if I just bring down my linux box and
> bring it back up with the KVM hooked up.  Will it break X or the mouse
> drivers?  Anything special I should do?

One problem I have seen with two Mandrake 6.1 boxes on a KVM switch is
that if I reboot one while the other is running X, the initialization is
wrong for the X box, and the mouse doesn't work. The solution is to force
re-initialization. I do that by moving to a console with ctl-alt-f9, then
back to the X display with ctl-alt-f7. I conjecture you could get the same
results in Windows by opening up a command line window, then forcing it to
toggle between a window and full screen. I believe you do that with
ctl-alt-Enter.

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley